Increase Your Facebook Following with Explainer Videos
The first quarter of 2017 is officially over. How did you do? Did you meet your goals? How about those new strategies you implemented, did they work? And how’s it going for your business on Facebook, home to 1.49 billion monthly active users? How many are following you? If you’re satisfied with your current numbers, congratulations! If you still want to increase your Facebook following, then we have some tips for you!
Q2 Goal: Increase Your Facebook Following
Start with the Basics
Before you jump in and implement a strategy to invite new followers, you must make sure that the place you’re inviting them to is “company ready”. We all know the cleaning frenzy that takes place prior to welcoming company into our homes, right? Well when we speak of increasing your Facebook following, we’re talking about inviting customers into your business’ Facebook home. You need to make sure it is company ready.
Go to your Facebook business page with fresh eyes and make sure you can check everything off of this list:
- Have you chosen the correct category for your business?
- Have you filled out the company description?
- Is there a link to your website on the page?
- Do you have appropriate background and profile pictures?
- Where’s your logo?
Make sure your Facebook page is company ready before you proceed!
Content is King
Would you ever dream of inviting a group over to your home and not have something to offer them? Of course not! Before you start inviting guests to your Facebook page, make sure you’ve crafted and implemented a content marketing strategy. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Commit to post 2 times a day. Yes. Seriously.
- Follow the 80/20 rule. No one is going to follow you if you only post ads. The purpose of social media is to give people a chance to connect. Make sure that 80% of the content you post on Facebook is non-advertisements. Make sure the 20% of content that is advertisement is entertaining, educating, or providing other value to your followers.
- Give a glimpse behind the scenes. Customers want to connect with you, not just your brand. Show them your team, your office, even your fabulous make-it-through-the-afternoon espresso from the shop up the street. Let them know YOU.
Get an Explainer Video
If you don’t have an explainer video, get one now. Animated explainer videos are one of the hottest marketing trends of 2017, so your customers will expect them. Use them to introduce yourself, your company, your products, or to otherwise educate your customers.
Explainer video bonus: they’re an entertaining ad that is highly shareable. They do count toward your 20% of advertising content, but if it is professional and engaging, it won’t feel like an ad to your followers.
Keep Your Facebook Icon Handy
Put your Facebook icon everywhere: on your website, in your email signature, on your other social media channels. Don’t make them search for you; be easy to find.
Everyone likes to feel special, right? How about offering your Facebook followers exclusive content they won’t find anywhere else? This can range from flash sales to online discussions to early product releases. Highlight the benefits of being your Facebook follower and then follow through on those promises.
If you’ve never used Facebook ads, we encourage you to try them out. You’re in for a treat. For as little as $20 you can run a successful, highly targeted ad campaign focused on earning new followers.
We hope these tips helped generate new ideas to increase your Facebook following. Creating an animated explainer video with a “Follow us on Facebook” call to action is a popular choice that can be used in ad campaigns to really boost your numbers.
Good luck to you in Q2 and every quarter to come! We can’t wait to hear how these tips helped increase your Facebook following!