WordPress Website Maintenance Tips & Best Practices!
Lack of a proper website maintenance strategy could lead to a host of perilous problems like hacking attempts, downtime, spamming, poor user experience, low ranking on SERPs, etc. and, as such, maintaining your website on a regular basis is essential in order to secure your website from all harm and to improve its overall functionality This is why we have created an amazing infographic on WordPress website maintenance tips to help you out!
A well-maintained WordPress website will aid in improving your site’s performance, providing your visitors with a positive user experience through faster page speed and download time, which could ultimately lead to a higher click-through-rate (CTR), and increase in sales & conversions.
Moreover, it could also help you improve your brand’s credibility and garner more exposure, thus if you are overlooking the task of maintaining your website, then it’s time that you straighten up and get going on this detail immediately.
What Are Some Key WordPress Website Maintenance Tips?
Well, there are quite a few best practices that you need to undertake in order to optimize your website. However, before we take a look at the whole list, here are 6 must-do maintenance tasks that you need accomplish on a regular basis.
1. Website and Database Backup: Hacking as become a common security problem and as such, to prevent the loss of important data, it is extremely crucial that you take a backup of your entire website and database on a daily basis. To accomplish this, you could use plugins like BackUpWordPress that automatically takes a backup of your site and database on a fixed schedule set by you.
2. Review Page Speed and Download Time: Slow page speed and download time are the major reasons for a high bounce rate. Thus, keep an eye on your site’s speed and fix all issues immediately to improve the performance of your website.
3. Security Checks: This is the most important task of website maintenance. To secure your website from malware, viruses, spam and to protect sensitive data from being misused by hackers, a daily security check of the entire site is vital. For daily robust security checks, you could make use you the All In One WP Security & Firewall plugin.
4. Update Plugins, Themes and Widgets: Redundant WordPress plugins, themes and widgets not only take up a lot of unnecessary database space, but they also pose a security risk to your site. Hence, updating or removing them for your site is essential.
5. Check On-page SEO Elements: An SEO-friendly website is important in order to achieve a higher ranking on search engines. Hence, review your on-page SEO elements like meta tags, alt tags, interlinking, external links, to avoid penalization from Google and to improve user experience.
6. Manage Website’s Content: Make sure to keep your site content fresh and up-to-date. Publish new and engaging content that will resonate with your readers. Update older content and make it more interesting by add new images, content etc. Lastly, make a blog post schedule and adhere to it to attract new visitors.
Now, to get a comprehensive list of the best WordPress maintenance tips and practices, take a look at this infographic below. This infographic has listed 50+ maintenance tips that you need to implement on your site. Plus, it provides you with helpful suggestions on how you can fix an issue effectively.
Take a look!
WordPress Website Maintenance Tips Checklist Infographic
This article & infographic WordPress Website Maintenance Tips was contributed by Sudhir Bhusan. Sudhir is a Tech & Social Media enthusiast. He is also a Web Entrepreneur by Profession and loves to write about latest trends on Social Media & SEO. You may also follow him on Twitter | Facebook | G+