How to Create Engaging Content – 6 Easy Steps
In 2016, many businesses from different industries have leveraged the potential of learning to create engaging content marketing to stay on top of their competition. On average, B2B marketers allocate 28% of their total marketing budget to content marketing, and 53% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
Due to the high demand for content in the online realm these days, many businesses have invested a significant amount of their resources in content generation. However, despite their efforts, only 30% of B2B marketers say their organizations are effective at content marketing, down from 38% in 2015.
This only implies that many companies are struggling to generate positive results from their campaign, mainly because their content lacks the most important quality that people seek these days: Compelling and engaging.
What is Engaging Content?
The word engaging has become a buzzword in today’s digital landscape, yet it’s meaning still remain vague for some. According to digital marketing thought leader Neil Patel, for a content to be called engaging, it has to “trigger a measurable response in people as it relates to the content.” This means that the content needs to be impactful i.e. getting thousands of shares, and be featured on different but relevant websites.
Engaging Content Benefits and Advantages
Producing a constant stream of engaging and compelling content can help you attract more readership that seeks quality information about your industry. On top of that, there are many other benefits you can reap from creating engaging content consistently. Here they are:
- Produce more leads. The advancements in the digital world such as the Big Data enables businesses to gather more information about their audience in real-time. This allows for higher quality content that can be targeted to a specific audience which has the highest probability of converting into leads.
- Better SEO Results. The ever-changing algorithm of search engines has made it more difficult for companies to stay relevant. However, there are two ‘factors’ that still matters these days: frequency and quality. Ensuring these two traits in your content marketing strategy increases your chance of appearing on the first page of SERPs, as more people visit your website to see your blogs, articles, infographics, videos, etc.
- Increased Brand Awareness. More and more customers nowadays are searching the internet for information about the product or service they need. If you can maintain a consistency in producing engaging content, the audience will see your brand as a trustworthy resource, and even share your content on their social media profiles.
That being said, remaining consistent in content marketing only requires time and discipline. The “engaging” part is where you need to adopt the steps detailed in the infographic below from Digital Marketing Philippines. Here are the key points you need to know about these methodologies:
- Focus on Current Trends.
- Write Stories that Appeal to Reader’s Emotions.
- Drive Engagement with Visual Elements.
- Support Your Content with Facts and Links.
- Diversify Your Types of Content
- Give Them Something to Takeaway.
If you really want to stay relevant in your industry through content marketing, then check the infographic below to learn the steps to creating an engaging content.
How to Create Engaging Content
Create Engaging Content – Embedded from Digital Marketing Philippines
This article & infographic on how to create engaging content was contributed by Jomer B. Gregorio. Jomer is a professional and specialist in integrated digital marketing and holistic SEO. He is the founder of Digital Marketing Philippines and CJG Digital Marketing. If you need an effective and high-performing digital campaigns for your business. Don’t hesitate to contact him today!